About Me

My photo
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."~Benjamin Franklin


A novice beer drinker exploring the many different beers of the world, one glass at a time.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Freemont's Summer Solstice

With the warm weather we've had here on the East Coast, I thought it would be appropriate to finally review the bottle I bought during my visit to the Fremont Brewery. The only beer that wasn't on tap when I was there was the Summer Solstice and given how impressed I was with all their other offerings I was more than happy to purchase the beer to give it a try when I got home. Transporting it cross-country was a bit tricky but it didn't seem any worse for the wear when I got to it.




The beer was described to me as a tangerine flower in a glass and I can't say I was disappointed in the least. The beer poured a light gold color with just a little bit of haze. The head was bright white and dissipated rather slowly over the course of the beer's consumption. The nose of the beer was very hoppy and I grew hesitant at that since I'm still not well acclimated to very hoppy beers. There was also a great deal of citrus in the nose as well, which promised to save me. Fortunately, it seemed to be just the right amount of hops for me as I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor. It was hoppy but the description of a tangerine flower in a glass was spot on. It was very refreshing after a long day at work. The finish was clean with just the tiniest bit of hop flavor lingering. My only wish was that I had another bottle but alas, it was not meant to be. It does encourage me to get back out to Seattle as soon as possible to see what else the Fremont has to offer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment