About Me

My photo
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."~Benjamin Franklin


A novice beer drinker exploring the many different beers of the world, one glass at a time.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout

The latest in the Great Pumpkin Off is Cape Ann Brewing's Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout. This was the beer I was the most excited about as I had never seen a pumpkin stout before and the idea of a rich, malty stout with spicy pumpkin flavors was intriguing. So, hoping the best, I had saved it for the last of the ones I had originally bought.

The beer poured nearly black with a thin cream colored head. The nose had a lot of spice notes but was overall very malty. I couldn't smell much pumpkin at all. The flavor was very disappointing. It drank very similarly to most every other stout I've had with just a hint of cinnamon present. It was very malty but in this case I almost found that to be a detriment to the beer as I bought it looking for pumpkin. It finished with malts and lingered a bit in the mouth. While I enjoyed the beer as a stout, it was a let down as a contestant in the pumpkin category since it didn't really seem to taste like pumpkins much. I got the beer as a single bottle for about $2 which is more than reasonable considering how much a beer at a bar generally runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment